Condemnations have continued to trail the recent attack and kidnapping in three schools in Oriire Local Government Area of Oyo State, with many describing the incident as barbaric, disturbing, and a threat to education and public safety.
Among those who reacted to the attack were the Senator representing Oyo Central Senatorial District, Yunus Akintunde; an All Progressives Congress governorship aspirant, Ololade Bakare; and the Sooko Agoriesin of Ile-Ife, Oladotun Hassan.
The attack on three schools in the Ahoro-Esinele/Yawota axis of Ogbomoso in Oriire LG led to the killing of no fewer than two persons, the abduction of seven teachers, and the abduction of more than 30 students.
Viral videos showed some of those abducted asking the government to intensify efforts to secure their release, and the gruesome killing of one of the abducted teachers.
Governor Seyi Makinde, during a broadcast on the incident, said security agencies had already arrested six suspects and three other persons of interest.
Reacting on Monday, Akintunde, in a statement made available to journalists, described the attack on schools and innocent children as painful and unacceptable.
Akintunde said, “My heart goes out to the affected pupils, teachers, parents, and the entire communities. An attack on innocent children and places of learning is painful and unacceptable.”
He commended security agencies and the Oyo State Government for their swift response to the incident, while urging them to intensify efforts to rescue all abducted victims safely.
The senator also called for the immediate prosecution of those responsible for the attack, stressing that insecurity must not disrupt learning or create fear among residents.
On her part, Bakare condemned the abduction of the students and teachers, describing the incident as a “heinous and cowardly attack.”
He said, “The targeting of our schools is a disgrace and a betrayal of our collective responsibility to safeguard the future of our children.
“Oyo State, with its proud history as a centre of learning and civilisation, must not be reduced to a place where students are hunted, and educators are terrorised.”
The APC chieftain blamed the worsening insecurity on what he termed the failure of leadership, insisting that urgent and decisive action must be taken to restore public confidence.
Bakare urged security agencies to intensify rescue operations to ensure the safe return of the abducted victims, warning that “anything less than urgent action is unacceptable.”
Also reacting, Hassan described the killings as barbaric, wicked, and unacceptable, noting that schools should remain safe spaces for learning and moral development.
He called on security agencies to intensify efforts to rescue all victims still in captivity and ensure that perpetrators are arrested and prosecuted.
Hassan also advocated for stronger collaboration among security agencies, local vigilantes, hunters, OPC, and Agbekoya groups to improve surveillance of vulnerable communities and schools.
The monarch further appealed to the Ooni of Ife, Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi, and the Osun State Government to convene the second edition of the Yoruba Obas Conference to address rising insecurity, kidnappings, and violent attacks across Yorubaland.
He urged Nigerians to support security operations through vigilance and intelligence sharing, stressing that insecurity could only be defeated through collective commitment and unity.














Leave a Reply